Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Giver Trailer



So here is the movie trailer I made for the book, "The Giver," by Lois Lowry.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'll be showing this to my students next week as we start our Giver Unit.  We're using this as one of our anticipatory activities, and the students will be making predictions about the book based on what they see here.  I hope it goes well.  Things didn't turn out exactly how I had planned with the video, but several things I hadn't known I could do, I found to be SO fun and so much more appealing.  I loved playing with iMovie and I really enjoyed learning all the little tricks to movie making.  I will definitely be using this program in the future!  It's so easy to use and it was so much fun making this trailer! ;-*  I can't wait to show my kids!

2 comments:

  1. Hey great movie! I can tell you put a LOT of work into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, great job! The only comment I would make is that if you shortened or took out some of the quiet, dead spaces, so it moved a little quicker, then it'd be perfect! With movies, keeping it moving is really important. But other than that, technically, it was great!

    ReplyDelete